IWF-Masters Preliminary Entry System
Procedures: Entry Process
This is the IWF-Masters Preliminary Entry System. It is not a registration system.
- By submitting your information to this system, you are expressing your interest in competing in the 2019 IWF Masters World Championships in Montreal, Canada, 16-24 August 2019. This system will rank all submitted entry totals, in each age/bodyweight category, and select the top 800 totals based on their rank within their own category.
- When you fill out and submit your entry, you will be included in the ranking system. Rankings will be generated and selections made when the system closes on 1 May 2019.
- All entries forwarded by National Chairs to the IWF-Masters Secretariat by the deadline date of 30 April 2019 will be included in the ranking and selection process. Early entries do not receive any advantage or disadvantage in the selection process; all pre-deadline entries are treated equally.
- If your entry total is ranked sufficiently high in your age/bodyweight category, you will be notified by e-mail and given authorization to enter and pay registration fees. At that time you will be required to pay your registration fees directly to your National Chair.
- After your Chair notifies the IWF-Masters Secretariat that you have paid your registration fees, you will be provided with an access code that will allow you to log on to the IWF-Masters Final Entry System and submit your official entry for the 2019 IWF Masters World Championships.
Explanation of Ranking Process
- All entries are sorted into their appropriate age/bodyweight group, e.g., M45/102 kg; W55/64 kg.
- All entries within each group are ranked by entry total into First Place, Second Place, Third Place, etc. (For example, W55/64 kg 1st place; W55/64 kg 2nd place, and so on.)
- Lifters within the same age/bodyweight group who have identical totals are ordered by
- lowest exact bodyweight when making total (lower bodyweight is ranked higher), and
- oldest exact age (older lifter is ranked higher),
- All first-placers (i.e., those ranked first in their respective categories) are ranked among themselves according to % of qualifying total.
- All second-placers are ranked according to % of qualifying total, then third-placers are ranked in the same way, etc.
- An overall ranking is created where 1st-placers rank highest, 2nd-placers rank next, then 3rd, etc.
- This method provides a unique rank to every lifter, #1–#1000, or whatever is the total number of preliminary entries.
- The top 800 on the ranking list are selected and instructed to pay entry fees to their national chair.
- Lifters not in the top 800 are placed on a wait list according to their ranking, and will be notified in sequence if an entry slot becomes available.
The "15/10 Kilo Rule"
Important! Please read:
- If you select "OTHER" for the meet at which you made your entry total, your 1st-attempt snatch + 1st-attempt clean and jerk must total no less than 15 kg below your entry total (for men) or 10 kg below your entry total (for women). You will not be allowed to take your 1st-attempt clean and jerk if you attempt to violate this rule.
- If you do not select "OTHER," but instead select one of the four listed international meets, then the 15/10 Kilo rule is applied to the qualifying total in your category, instead of your entry total.
Rules for Changes to Entry Totals
English - Deutsch
- For entry totals not made in World or Continental Masters Championships
- If athlete remains in bodyweight category entered, entry total remains unchanged.
- If athlete goes down to a lower bodyweight category during Verification Meeting or Technical Meeting, then entry total is decreased by an amount equal to the difference in qualifying totals between the original category entered and the new category.
- If athlete goes up to a higher bodyweight category at weigh-in or earlier, then entry total is increased by an amount equal to the difference in qualifying totals between the original category entered and the new category.
- For entry totals made in World or Continental Masters Championships
- If athlete remains in bodyweight category entered, entry total reverts to qualifying total for age/bodyweight category immediately following the Technical Meeting.
- If athlete goes down to a lower bodyweight category during Verification Meeting or Technical Meeting, then entry total reverts to qualifying total in lower category immediately following the Technical Meeting.
- If athlete goes up to a higher bodyweight category at weigh-in or earlier, then entry total reverts to qualifying total in higher category immediately following the Technical Meeting or weigh-in.